page to stage writing workshop curriculum
2015 Newbery award winner Kwame Alexander knows how to tap into students’ creativity and jumpstart unparalleled excitement for reading and writing. Alexander shares the essential tools and techniques required for drafting, revising, editing, publishing, and presenting original work.
Order Your Copy Today!
Students become confident writers and public speakers as they learn to:
- Take risks with language, both oral and written
- Use poetry as the gateway to skillful reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Create a published book
- Present their writing in a public forum
Kwame Alexander’s Page-to-Stage Writing Workshop will inspire all students by supporting voice, choice, masterful writing, and the triumph of self-expression. And the best part? Kwame can speak directly to your students through the instructional videos featured in this kit.
Inside the kit:
- 176-page instruction-packed Teaching Guide
- Key card with access to online resources, including:
- More than a dozen videos for both students and teachers showing Kwame’s workshop in action
- Digital lesson resources, including How to Self-Publish
- 2-sided poster to inspire writing and organize publishing
- Convenient storage case with magnetic clasp
Kwame Alexander's Poetry Camp, Coming Summer 2017!